Group licence launched
The solution for teams sharing eaDocX
eaDocX Group Licences (GL) are the new way to manage how your teams produce their Enterprise Architect documents.
Flexible, simple to manage and easy to use.
The GL has been designed for larger organisations with distributed teams and team members who all need access to the common software, but for whom the traditional licencing options are not suitable.
Until now, eaDocX licences have been either:
- single user, machine-specific licence keys, or
- multi-user, floating licence keys that require users to always have access to a shared server,
In large organisations, each of these can present challenges:
- If each user has a separate single-user key, who will administer the keys? Who will buy additional keys as new users want to use eaDocX, and will that be a barrier?
- If you use floating licences, what happens when the network changes and users can’t ‘see’ the licence server to get a key? They also have the problem of who buys additional keys.
For these users, the eaDocX GroupLicence (GL) provides a great alternative.
Having flexibility in the number of users who can share the software reduces your need to precisely forecast your group use of eaDocX. So the GL accommodates changing patterns of use:
- if you are rolling out the software and are unsure of how quickly you will get to full deployment
- or if there is a company reorganization and an unexpected change in team size or use happens.
The Group Licence can flex with your needs.
Simple to manage
- As the GL is not dependent on a shared server to manage licenses, it makes it simpler for IT support teams to implement.
- Your eaDocX GL works independent of network changes and supports staff who may work both on-site and remotely at other clients.
- There is no need to manage a register of keys.
- And eaDocX support and maintenance are channeled through specific users, defined by you, to ensure quality and consistency of experience.
Easy to Use
- No need to be connected to the company network.
- No need to wait for a licence to become available.
- Users just load eaDocX onto their machines, enter a single key, and start work.
Discover how a Group Licence could be the right solution for your organisation. Download the guide or Contact Us for more information and a quotation.
Join us at the next EA User Group Event
27 March 2023
In Reading, London UK, on June 19 and 20 2023Learn More
Christmas Greetings 2022
21 December 2022
'Tis the Season to... catch up on new stuff from Ability EngineeringLearn More
Opportunity to meet eaDocX in 2023
27 October 2022
Would you like to meet the eaDocX team? We will be in Wellington and Auckland NZ in Feb 2023. Will you?Learn More
EA v16 and eaDocX compatibility
25 October 2022
EA v16 has introduced a 64-bit installer and is optimized for QEAX databases. What difference does that make to eaDocX?Learn More
EA Global Summit 2022
30 August 2022
Workshops, training and modeling inspiration for EA usersLearn More
Portfolio Manager - the new product from eaDocX
15 June 2022
Model multiple projects in the same Sparx EA repository with real time impact assessments, element roadmaps, time machines & moreLearn More
Speakers for the Reading User Group announced!
12 April 2022
The full line-up of EA experts and users who will be sharing their wisdom and experience in Reading on May 24th 2022 is hereLearn More
The EA User Group is back - May 24th 2022!
3 March 2022
Your chance to come and share your knowledge and experience with the the EA community - In Real Life!Learn More
Only Connect - a guide to EA traceability
6 September 2021
Join us at the EA Global Summit on 9/9/21 to find out why traceability is not as simple as just connecting two things together on a diagram.Learn More
What's New? April 2021 News from eaDocX
26 April 2021
It's been a while since we last sent out a newsletter, and the world seems to have changed a bit…Learn More
What’s next for eaDocX?
26 April 2021
We're making changes to the eaDocX UI - what change would you like to see?Learn More
Streamlined user accounts, downloads and shop access
26 April 2021
New websites for eaDocX and Model Expert. Making it easier to find the information you need.Learn More
A new way to collaborate
26 April 2021
A totally new approach to collaboration with eaDocX – no more web servers, just super-smart documents.Learn More
Sparx in the Cloud: SAAS
26 April 2021
Get all your Sparx world as a Software-as-a-Service (SAAS) app.Learn More
New Collaboration Edition Special Offer
4 June 2020
Automatic model updates from Word document reviewsLearn More
EA Global Summit
19 May 2020
Ian will be presenting 3 sessions at the FREE EA Community Global Summit June 1-5 2020Learn More
The Artful Modeller
23 April 2020
Follow Ian's updates on the subject of good modelling styleLearn More
Model Expert 2020 Launched!
6 November 2019
Dashboards, navigation for find and fix, and guided modelling support for your teamLearn More
Brexit or eaDocXit?
6 July 2016
Communicate clearly or you may up with surprising resultsLearn More
EA Master document and Model document collaboration
9 November 2015
Taking existing EA documents and amking them even betterLearn More
A Perfect Match
2 August 2013
Ian and Jackie shared a stage at the PAM Summit, Cracow. How do you think that went?Learn More
Introduction to eaDocX Training Materials
8 November 2012
A self-study training guide to help you get started with eaDocXLearn More
We've written eaDocX - so you don't have to
5 October 2011
Do you struggle with creating EA documents? We did too.Learn More