Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Conditional Formatting – Replacement text

Home Forums eaDocX queries Conditional Formatting – Replacement text

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Stefan Schmied
    Participant

Hi,

I have added some rules to do some style ajustments depending on the content of a sterotype of an attribute. So far the rules seem to work because the background is changed according to the setting of the rules. But the replacement of the content doesn’t seem to work as expected. If I add a text into the textfield “Replacement Text” the original value is still printed.

Do you have a hint?

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
    Stefan Schmied

Hello Stefan, I have just tried the same thing and it works for me as expected.

The key thing with conditional formatting is to make sure you have selected the attribute field that the conditional formatting is applicable to. E.g. if the replacement text is to be applied to content in the priority field, select the priority field and define the formatting rule there.

All conditional formatting, including replacement text must be defined and applied for each attribute. This gives maximum flexibility. Conditional formatting is not applied globally across the whole set of element attributes – if this is needed, you have to define the formatting rule for all of the attributes in your element profile.

Hope this helps

(NB I am using Beta version 2.1.0.23 – just uploaded.)

Regards
    Jackie

Stefan Schmied
    Participant

Hi,

mmmh, might be a user-problem.

But I’m still not able to relace the content. As I mentioned I can change the background, hence I assume I have selected the right attribute and the rule seems to be applied correctly.

What I did is to add a sterotype of an attribute to my output. The sterotype is <>
    So my rule is defined with:
    Rule type: Text
    Condition: “same as” or “contains”
    Value: “id”
    Replacement text: “blabla”
    Background color is set to red.

Preview shows: Red background with content “blabla”.

But in the resulting document shows still “id” but the background is updated to red.

And now?

Thanks!

Regards
    Stefan

Strange…

From your notes I assume you’re using Relationship Matrix and not Element report or standard table or in-line output?

In the Relationship Matrix, conditional formatting rules apply to the stereotype of the relationship, not the stereotypes of either the source or target elements….

If you are still having problems can you send through a snippet of the XMI and the report you are trying to generate and I’ll have a look.

Regards
    Jackie

Stefan Schmied
    Participant

Hi,

Ok, I have copied out the related section of my profile:

To be more precisly: I try to format attributes of a class in a table. Therefore I use the dialog “Attribute – Table formatting”. I have added a “Standard attribute” of type “Sterotype” as my first column (Header: “Sterotype”, Title of colum: “Schlüssel”). Then I have clicked on the cell with the content “Schlüssel” and added the rule as shown above.

But still my generated output shows, that the background is switched to red (color=”#FF0000″). But the content is not “replacedText”, but still “PK”. From my understanding the rule is applied correctly. Or?

Perhaps I do something wrong, but I have no idea what. Is the information above sufficient. If not please let me kow how I can give you more support. If it is helpful I can send you the related snippet of my word document or my complete profile. If yes, I would prefer to send you an email because my browser crashed if I try to add a file.

Thank you very much!

Regards,
    Stefan

eadocX Support
    Participant

Stephan,
    You’re quite correct – this is broken. Just looking at it now. There will be a fix on the website within 24 hours – this needs fixing before we close the 2.1 Beta. Thanks for finding this!

Stefan Schmied
    Participant

Hi,

I have installed the new version (24). Now it works!

Thanks for support!

Regards,

Stefan

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download