Products

Home Forums Model Expert queries Dashboard view sizing issue

Home Forums Model Expert queries Dashboard view sizing issue

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ashleigh Campbell
    Participant

When I run the model dashboard, the dashboard images are distorted and not sizing correctly. I have tried adjusting the resolution of my screen and rerunning, but tI can see even less of the dashboard on a higher resolution. Please can you assist?
    Running: EA15.2
    Lastest Model Expert premium version
    Local EAP file

eadocX Support
    Participant

What screen resolution are you using? I don’t mean the number of pixels – I’m looking for the DPI rating. Historically, this has always been 96DPI, but some recent laptops (like MS Surface Pro) use higher DPI ratings, and cause all kinds of issues.

Ashleigh Campbell
    Participant

A harder value to find than I thought it would be but yes I have a different dpi. Is there anything I can change to get the right display? I tried to use a second monitor which has a different resolution but it only made the problem worse 🙁

Paul Sturlis
    Participant

I have the same issue with a MS Surface. The document window in EADocX has “disappeared to the right” after I tried expanding this window size by dragging the left boarder to the left, and so is no longer viewable.
    I reduced my text size in Display settings from 200% (recommended) to 100%, which made all text in EADocX “microscopic”, but it did cause the document window to be viewable again.
    However, when I tried resizing the document window again, this window “disappeared to the right” again and now I can’t reduce test size in Display Settings any further, so the document window is seemingly “gone forever” (not viewable).
    I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but EADocX “remembered” the last layout and so the document window is still not viewable.
    Is there any way I can uninstall “completely” such that the default view in EADocX will show the document window again (that I will never try to adjust again)!?
    Please help!!

eadocX Support
    Participant

I think the only way to make eaDocX forget the layout settings is to re-install, but I haven’t tested this use case.

eadocX Support
    Participant

The underlying issue here – about use of >96 DPI screens – has been outstanding for several years. The fix is to move all the eaDocX UI over to a new UI framework, and use the support in that framework to deliver a DPI-independent UI. Moving ALL the UI over to this new way of doing things is taking a lot of time, as it’s about 95% of the eaDocX code. And as we have a not-very-ideal work-around, it’s only progressing slowly.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download