Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Diagram right hand border

Home Forums eaDocX queries Diagram right hand border

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Mike Blackwell
    Participant

We are on EA version 14.1.1427 and EADOCX 4.1.6.3.
    When we print a diagram, the line border around the diagram has the right hand border missing…always.
    Is this a bug?

See attached example.

eadocX Support
    Participant

Well, not so much as bug, more of a special feature!
    Seems like all my test cases I use an EA setting (in the EA / Start / View / Preferences window, the Diagram / Diagram Frames / On clipboard images = un-ticked.
    This means, I NEVER get the frame.

But, when I check that EA option, I also get a missing right-hand side of the frame.

If I copy the diagram directly into a Word document, then the border is complete. But If I take the eaDocX version of the diagram image, and paste it somewhere else, then the right border is still missing. This suggests that it got missed-out when eaDocX got the image from EA.
    All of which is a long way of saying that, IMHO, this is an EA bug, but I wouldn’t bet the farm on that….

Mike Blackwell
    Participant

We certainly didn’t have this problem with previous versions so I think it is a bug. Your farm is safe IMHO!

Mike Blackwell
    Participant

Is this something that you will try and sort out with them? Not sure what your relationship is like when it comes to these things?

I have the same problem of missing right hand border. Using EA version 15.0.1513 and eaDocX version 4.1.18.0.

Any update on this @eaDocX Support? It has been 9 months since this was reported…

eadocX Support
    Participant

This issue has been fixed in V4.1.19, now available.
    The missing right-hand border still seems to be an issue with the image which is presented by EA at the API, but if we get the image as a bitmap, not a metafile, then the border appears.
    So, in 4.1.19 there is now an option to specify ‘Use a bitmap format when copying diagrams from EA’, which is set in the APPLICATION settings, under ‘Diagram settings’. Please note there are also Document-level diagram settings – this setting is not there.

In keeping with normal practice, the default remains as today, but changing to ‘use bitmap..’ will change the setting for all documents you create.
    Thanks
    Ian

David Forfia
    Participant

The problem seems to continue in 4.3.0.3 with 15.1.1527.

The option to Use Bitmap is not a choice in Diagram Settings.

eadocX Support
    Participant

Please can you re-try with V5 – I think I fixed it there.

David Forfia
    Participant

It is fixed in 5.09+

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download