Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries EA 9.0 ?

Home Forums eaDocX queries EA 9.0 ?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Stefan
    Participant

Hi guys,

i allwys receive an error message, that the documaent couldn’t be generated and i should contact you 🙂

can you tell my anything about?

Best regards

Bolli

Forum User
    Participant

Hi – can you provide some more details? Versions of eaDocX, OS, Word, EA.
    Have you added an eaDocX section to your document ?

Thanks

Stefan
    Participant

hi

Win XP SP3
    EA 9.0 build 907
    Word 2007

i can load my profile and my docx, but when i want to generate ist this outcomes:

which “quichdocumentation” i got an error 130

thats all i can give to you for information

Bolli

Stefan
    Participant

Hello,

another update of my failure: i got problems by adding sections into a new document.

1: i only can create one section in a document
    2: by using the generator with quick generation i got “generator failed.”
    3: By generating “full document” i just got an error to reload ea and the document geerator. – when i do this it doesnst change anything on it.

is it possible to get a profile xml and an fitting document to test with this?

thank you!

eadocX Support
    Participant

There is a sample .eap file – “eaDocX Sample.EAP” and some documents which can be generated from it. These should be installed in c:program fileseaDocX..by default, or elsewhere if you said different during the install.
    Try to load the sample.eap repository, and load & re-genernate the samples.

It’s OK to have more than one section in a document: but they can’t overlap. There are two eaDocX Word bookmarks for each section, and you can’t add another section between these bookmarks. Ouside is fine -most of my documents have 5-10 sections.

Also, we don’t formally support EA9.0 just yet – (I’m still doing testing, now that there is a non-Beta version.) but the testing so far hasn’t found any problems with 9.0

Stefan
    Participant

i’m very sorry but i don’t have an sample EAP repository within my installation folder.

i just got sample profiles in this directory and a few dll’s and others but no eap.

if this document-generator brings me what i expect, i would help you about testing it.

But firstly i need to got it running before testing 🙂

thank you!

eadocX Support
    Participant

You should have a folder somewhere called “eaDocX profiles and Samples”. Can you find it ?

Stefan
    Participant

hi,

i found these files, however on a different ahrddrive. i don’t know how they got there.

with the sample packages everything works very well, but i’m not able to create new dokuments.

is there a difference if i use word2007 or word2003 files?

Forum User
    Participant

eaDocX has been successfully tested with EA9.0 as well as Word 2003 and 2007.

Forum User
    Participant

And Word 2010 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download