Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries EADocX Document Management in Project with Security Enabled

Home Forums eaDocX queries EADocX Document Management in Project with Security Enabled

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    David Forfia
    Participant

I have a multiuser eapx Project file which has Security Enabled.

EADocX 5.0.5.3 throws an exception that says “ELEMENT LOCKED” if the Document Management Package (or parent hierarchy) has a User Lock applied or is not locked.

Is there a guide to using EADocX DM with a Security Enabled project?

Thanks.

David

Ian Mitchell
    Keymaster

Ok – you lost me at ‘multi-user EAPX’ : this isn’t supported by Sparx, or by us, so sadly you’re on your own. Yes, I know it works – mostly – but these locking issues are what makes it an un-supported configuration.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by Ian Mitchell.
    David Forfia
    Participant

Ian,

I’ll try to be more specific as the issue isn’t the database type.

I have a multi-user project using a SQL back end.

Sparx Security is enabled. User Logins linked to AD accounts.

Multiple Root packages in the project supporting multiple capital project with a shared core architectural base.

Document Management is enabled.

Documents are stored external to Sparx using a UNC path.

EADocX Documents in a separate Root project with Documents and People packages contained in the Root.

For EADocX to work, it appears to require a lock at the Documents package level. This limits the project to one user running an EADocX document generation at a time.

Is this the expected behavior? Is there a better practice for using DM on projects which have Sparx security enabled?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download