Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries EAXL

Home Forums eaDocX queries EAXL

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    stephen pinfold
    Participant

Hi.
    I have a set of requirements with user attributes that I have pulled into EA using EAXL with tagged values. These have all been mapped to elements throughout the model and I have a completed compliance matrix.

I am trying to create a requirement verification matrix with EAXL to match the original requirements matrix but with a compliance field. I can use EAXL to export all requirements and tagged values to re-create the original table, but the bit that I want to do is to also add a new column with the realization links from the requirement to its linked element.

EAXL does not appear to support this operation as it only allows standard properties and tagged values but not links.

EADocX does support this but it is a nause having to extract the table from word to excel and get it back into the correct format.

It’s so close, does anyone know of a way to do this, or can we please add this onto the feature request list.

Thanks in advance

eadocX Support
    Participant

Good news – you CAN do this with eaXL.
    You can add attributes of related elements, or attributes/TVs of the links which connect them.
    In the Available Types list, if you un-check all but one of the types, then you get a ‘Related Elements’ button enabled. You can then choose what to include in the spreadsheet.
    (there needs to be only one element type checked, because otherwise we can’t re-use the ‘ad related element’ behavior form eaDocX, and calculating what types of connector are allowed would be too hard).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download