Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Information Flow Conveyed Items

Home Forums eaDocX queries Information Flow Conveyed Items

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Robert Hinds
    Participant

It would be nice to include Conveyed Items in the document results. In my situation I would like to be able to generate a document based on a diagram that creates an inline section for each Component Port on the diagram followed by a table describing (name and notes) the items conveyed two and from the Component Port.

eadocX Support
    Participant

I’ve a good look around both the EA Automation interface, and the EA data model, and can’t find where they keep this information. I think that’s why we haven’t included it so far!
    I’ll keep looking – do you have any ideas where they hide it ?

Robert Hinds
    Participant

I don’t have any information about the data architecture. But, I do have the following information from a support request to Sparx regarding the Conveyed Items.

A “Conveyed” field was added to the Connector section of the RTF templates in EA 8.0.859. You should be able to add this field by creating a custom template, then right-click in the Connector section.

A ConveyedItems collection was also recently added to the EA.Connector class for accessing via the automation interface. This collection has only just recently been introduced in EA 9.1 build 910.

eadocX Support
    Participant

Excellent – thanks. I didn’t think to look for ConveyedItems – I was looking for Information Items.
    Now that I know where it is, I’ll add it to the ‘to do’ list for eaDocX 2.2 – ‘fraid it missed the cut for 2.1

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download