Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Inline Attribute – formatting

Home Forums eaDocX queries Inline Attribute – formatting

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Forum User
    Participant

I would like to be able to set the style, font and line position of the attribute added through the profile property page.

eadocX Support
    Participant

Not sure I’ve understood the question. Which attribute are you referring to?
    If it helps, the way to control the MS Word style (and therefore font etc) is through
    eaDocX | Tools | Options | Styles. There is where you can associate the different types of generated text (inline, inline lists, table header, table bullets etc) with a style in your Word document.
    …but i’m not sure if that’s what you’re asking….:-)

Forum User
    Participant

Well any attribute added to the report I guess – regardless currently I would all tagged value to be formatted using bullets but there seems to be no way to tell eaDocX to use bullets for attributes in an inline format.

Also the use of the eaDocX to set style seems to be global so that all inline items are effected.
    I am suspecting that it is not as simple as you suiggest.

See Example attached.

btw the current tagged value add function creates the entry using the property as bold and the value as normal what if some yahoo wanted to bold the value and unbold the property! is that possible?

eadocX Support
    Participant

Ah – I think I’m getting it!
    So you’d like the list of attributes/tagged values for an Inline element, instead of looking like:

Attribute1: a1 value
    Attribute2: a2 value…

To look like:

• Attribute1: a1 value
      li]
    • Attribute2: a2 value…

Have I understood correctly?

We have a lengthening list of new formatting options, and this seems like a very good addition to that list, so I’ll add it on: no promises on dates though…One thing that’s already on the list is the option to print these ‘inline’ attributes in what we’re calling a sub-table: either vertically down the page as a 2-column table, or across, as a two-row table. Would that be of interest?

Not to burden you with our troubles, but we’re constantly having to balance the need to create really great-looking documents in just the way you want, with the need for simplicity: we don’t want to build the RTF generator all over again. So that’s the only reason we don’t have more of these kinds of options: the more options, the more our users have to learn!

As for the formatting option to have the attribute name not-bold, then the attribute value bold, this is possible, but I’d really like to give you the option to choose the Word styles for these bits. BUT, the Word API which we use is a bit picky about multiple word styles in the same paragraph: basically, it’s not allowed.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download