Products

Home Forums Model Expert queries Missing Addon.. :(

Home Forums Model Expert queries Missing Addon.. :(

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jon
    Participant

OK, I just installed Model Expert; due to security policies all our installs have to be done as a secondary administrator account.
    After messing about finding the registry key and putting it into the current user area (your installers don’t work properly when “run as admin” – eaDocx has the same fault) EA still cannot find the plugin.
    The Model Expert plugin is now listed in the plugins window but with the error message “missing 0x800401f3”.
    I suspect it cannot find its supporting library files but I tried registering the DLL file manually using regasm and regsvr32 commands but still no luck.

Any ideas?
    We’re dead keen on this and already use the DocX plugin but this one just doesn’t want to play.

Thanks
    Jon

eadocX Support
    Participant

Hi Jon,
    We’ve never seen any issues with the Model Expert installer before. If you’re having to resort to tweaking the registry, then all bets are off – there’s no way you should need to do that.
    If think perhaps looking to your security policies might be the way forward.

Jon
    Participant

Unfortunately we cannot alter our policies due to the work we do. There’s no way we can give users admin access to Windows machines.
    However, we had a similar issue with eaDocx (it was absent altogether after install) and it was a simple matter of copying the registry entry for the eaDocx addon into the user area, as below.
    ([HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareSparx SystemsEAAddinseaDocXAddIn]
    @=”eaDoCXAddIn.eaDocx_Addin”)

We did this same registry copy for ModelExpert post-install but are now getting the ‘missing 0x800401f3’ error.
    Its a common well-documented error with EA plugins usually relating to registration of the supporting DLL files. I was hoping you had some alternative suggestions as to how we could make this work.
    If this cannot work within our environment I’ll simply pass this back to the project manager and we’ll call it a day; the benefit of trialling before purchase.

Thanks for your input.
    Jon

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by Jon.
    eadocX Support
    Participant

Both eaDocX and Model Expert have a non-admin installer option – did you try this ?

Jon
    Participant

I haven’t but I’ll give it a go.
    Our issue is not only are local users not admins, they also cannot run applications thanks to Microsoft Applocker.

I’ll see if I can get around this and get back to you.
    Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download