Products

Home Forums Model Expert queries Object reference not set to an instance of an obje

Home Forums Model Expert queries Object reference not set to an instance of an obje

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    J Cullen
    Participant

I get the following error when running Model Expert.

[code]************** Exception Text **************
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at Model_Expert.EARepository.makeInstanceMDEs(EAPackage p, ProfileGenerator pg)
    at Model_Expert.MXModelAnalyser.addInstanceClassifiers(EAPackage p, ProfileGenerator pg)
    at Model_Expert.MXModelAnalyser.runPackage(EAPackage analysisPackage, iNotifyForm parentWindow)
    at Model_Expert.MXModelAnalyser.run(EAPackage analysisPackage, iNotifyForm parentToBeNotified)
    at Model_Expert.ModelAnalyserController.run()
    at Model_Expert.frmMXAnalyse.btStart_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
    [/code]

eadocX Support
    Participant

I think I need a bit more than this if I’m going to look into this.
    What database? Do you have sample data you can send me ?

J Cullen
    Participant

I have narrowed it down to a specific package and have been able to replicate the problem in a new model.
    It happens every time the package you analyse has an object in it and it has a classifier selected for that object.

eadocX Support
    Participant

Might be an inconsistency in the EA model.
    Try exporting the package as XMI, deleting it in the model, and re-importing.

J Cullen
    Participant

It also happens in a completely new .EAP file stored on my local desktop rather than any server database. It occurs with UML and SysML. You should be able to replicate it yourself by creating a class then creating an object as an instance of it.

J Cullen
    Participant

I have attached an image of a diagram which model expert has this problem with.

J Cullen
    Participant

Can you confirm that this is bug in Model Expert and it is intended to be fixed. Or that i am classifying objects incorrectly.

eadocX Support
    Participant

Nothing you’re doing wrong – a bug in Model Expert 1.0 – this is fixed in 1.1, which I’m just finishing-off

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download