Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Personal Folder does not save in Application Settings > Document Management

Home Forums eaDocX queries Personal Folder does not save in Application Settings > Document Management

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Stephen Hathaway
    Participant

I am on version 5.0.5.8.
    When I go to Application Settings and attempt to save a folder location to ‘Personal Folder’ (under Document Management) it appears to save ok but when I go back in the folder location has not been stored. So when I attempt to generate a document I get an error.
    I have colleagues on earlier versions (4.3.0.3. / 4.1.19.0) who do NOT have this issue and one on 5.0.5.4. with the same issue.

Ian Mitchell
    Keymaster

You are quite correct!
    Issue has now been fixed in v5.0.5.9, now on the website. Sorry about that.
    You might like to know that we plan to retire some the document management functions of eaDocX in V6, specifically:
    – assigning people to document roles
    – definition of those roles.
    – ideas about approval and sign-off of documents.
    Our research indicates that organisations who need this kind of function use dedicated document management systems, and use eaDocX to just create the documents, not managem them.
    If you want to know more, please contact me..
    Ian

Stephen Hathaway
    Participant

Hi Ian
    I have downloaded v5.0.5.9. and the Personal Folder now saves ok but I still have an issue.
    We save all our documents on a shared mapped drive and that is the location that I am storing as my Personal Folder.
    However, when I attempt to open a document, I get an error:-
    “Cannot find file”
    The document C:\Users\My Name\AppData\Roaming\eaDocX\Document Name cannot be found.
    (I tried adding the mapped drive to the ‘Location for Word Templates’ but still get the error).
    Steve

james noor
    Participant

Eadocx is amazing and I loved its document management.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download