Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Word styles renamed with added “_eaDocX_” strings

Home Forums eaDocX queries Word styles renamed with added “_eaDocX_” strings

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jaromir Kuzelka
    Participant

Hi,
    I observe weird behavior of eaDocX which changes names of word styles from original name like “Table Text Normal” to something like “Table_eaDocX_Text_eaDocX_Normal”. Instead of original style, style “xtablebody” is aplied (not prepared by me – assuming it is some internal eaDocX “fallback” style for table text). Analogically, styles for other parts of tables are affected. It messes up look of the document.
    What am I doing incorrectly?
    Thank you in advance.

Attachments:
    Ian Mitchell
    Keymaster

This function gets around a restriction in MS Word. In older versions of Word, when using the HTML interface, Word does not allow style names which contain spaces.
    So, as a work-around, eaDocX changes the name of the style in Word to add underscore instead of space (and adds “_eaDocX_” so that it’s easy to find again) then, when the document has generated, changes the name back to the original.
    Here, it looks like something has happened at the end of this process, and the document has not completed the generate, and the final ‘change back’ function has not worked.
    Did you see any errors when generating?

Jaromir Kuzelka
    Participant

Thanks for the answer. Understood.
    Unfortunately, I am not able to replicate the error exactly. There could be some problems in generation caused by problems with integrity of sections (possibly caused by Compare function in Word, as I reported separately). But after I corrected style names and updated Document settings with correct style names, problem did not appear again.

Note:
    Generally, I find document settings and section definitions in document quite fragile and with potential to loose or break them down in case document is being edited in MS Word and generated iteratively.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download