eaDocX Version 4
4.3 June 2020
- Smarter ‘Auto Templates’. This allows you to create an Auto-template Word document which you can use to create more complex documents more quickly. Previously, Auto-template document could have only one section which changed for each document (section had to be called ‘auto’ ).
Now, you can create sections called, for example, “_Requirements” and when a document is created using this template, eaDocX will look for a packaged called “Requirements” under the source package.
So you can have multiple sections, for example, “_Requirements”, “_Issues”, “_Overview”, so each time you create a document using this template, provided your naming convention in EA is the same, eaDocX will look for “Requirements”, “Issues” and “Overview” packages, and print them in the appropriate sections.
- Ref: 20200609:1 – Fixed error where Profile options redefine a heading style, and the new style is not present in the current document.
- Ref: 20200610:1 – Fixed annoying error where both the Inline and Table editors occasionally produce either duplicate entries, or ignore changes.
4.2.3 – 6th April 2020
Removed the check in Auto-Templates which warns the user when an auto-template comes from a different repository. Enables auto-templates to be developed and tested using one repository, then deployed on another.
- allows for import of Attribute.dataType with eaXL.
- ‘Save As’ function for DM-managed documents now works as expected
4.2.2 – 31st March 2020
New setup dialog for Quick documents, and much better support for other Word templates in Quick documents. Gives easier access to the existing, and some new, Quick Document capabilities.
220.127.116.11 – 25th Feb 2020
- minor fix to allow for correct date handelling and change marking with some National Language settings.
4.2 – 3rd Feb 2020
Lots of changes to eaXL:
- All exports and imports are now asynchonous, yo as well as a progress indicator, you can also cancel an import/export if it’s not what you expected
- User interface is also locked when this is happening
- Bulk Import of relationships is now back – this got missed when moving from V3 to V4 (sorry)
- Creating spreadsheets from a template is also back. Lets you create a ‘master’ spreasheet design, with tables and charts, and use it on multiple sheets with similar content
- eaXL help now updated – sorry for the delay…
- Lots of other minor changes and fixes
4.1.19 – 2nd January 2020
Added new setting to allow for export of all diagrams in BITMAP format, which fixes the issue of the right-hand part of the image box not appearing, but can make the image a bit fizzy sometimes.
default bahaviour is as current – export as METAFILE. Option to change is in APPLICATION settings, under ‘Diagram Settings’: “Use a bitmap format when copying diagrams from EA”
4.1.18 – 8th November 2019
New feature to add an option to choose the Word paragraph style for the table caption, to help with the new feature from 4.1.17.
4.1.17 – 6th November 2019
New feature to allow for tables to have automically generated names, if they are ‘inline tables’ – hat is, table of attributes from just one element.
Also fix to use of EA searches in eaXL.
4.1.15 – 25th October 2019
New function added to make it easier to print instances of elements. There are now two ways: existing way (as used by Quick Document) creates a profile for each kind of element which has instances. New way, for situations where all the elements of a type are similar, uses just a single profile for all instances of all elements. See printing instances and inheriting profiles for instances in the help for more details
4.1.14 – 17th October 2019
By popular request, the ‘Compare’ function has been added back into eaDocX/Excel. This allows you to compare what’s in your spreadsheet with what’s in EA BEFORE you import data back into EA. See help