eaDocX Version 5
V5.0.5 – 7th June 2021
- You can now choose ‘any’ or ‘none’ as the stereotype in an Element Report.
- Error when printing some kinds of Element Report.
V126.96.36.199 – 21st April March 2021
20210421:1 – removed code which tried to detect circular links, whihc made some kinds of model go inot an endless generating loop. Solution proved unreliable, so please be careful when using models which have lots of diagrams, and where you print diagram+contents, and some of the contents contain diagrams, which print their contents, which contains the first content etc etc.
20210421:2 – removed EA_OnPostNewConnector event handler. No longer used, and old code caused an error in EA sequence diagrams
V188.8.131.52 – 23rd March 2021
20210323:1 – When exporting Profiles, allow for export of profiles where format = ‘do not print’.
20210323:2 -Fixes to the Generator to corerctly recognise where Profile =’do not print’
v184.108.40.206 – 19th March 2021
When adding a new section from the EA ‘current selection’, eaDocX will generate Profiles for all the elements it finds.
Change is that, if there are already Profiles for any elements, they will not be overwritten, even if the new profile would have a larger number of attributes and relationships.
v220.127.116.11 – 9th March 2021
20210309:1 – fix to make the eaDocXTableSpace Word paragraph style work with non EN/UK languages.
v18.104.22.168 – 1st February 2021
20210201:1 Change to correctly read FormatSettings XML to remove spurious “” characters around strings. This makes V5 more backwards-compatible with V3.
v5.0.1 First production release of V5 – 26th October 2020
- Moved over to using a generator in a separate thread, so user can stop it before it completes.
- Progress indicators made more acurate
- Word no longer updated each time there is an insertion – performance improvement
- New way of experting EA diagrams, via expert to an XMI file – performance improvement
- Fixes for non-ENG/UK languages
- Recent document list now 10 long, not 5
V5 Beta2 – v 22.214.171.124
This is a significant change to eaDocX, as we now have the generator working in the background. We won’t bore you with the technical details, but it means you can :
- Cancel the generator if it doesn’t look like the document is how you would like it
- See what’s happening inside the generator, to understand why your document looks the way it does
- It’s faster! Fewer updates to Word, so larger documents get quite a bit faster
- Multi-document generation spins-off multiple process to generate all your documents.
- no more endless loops when entering new license key
- with complex auto-template documents, if a package is missing from the model, user is warned, and nothing is generated for that section.